What Tripod/Head please?

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
I want to upgrade my Manfrotto with a fixed 3 way head for something a bit more substantial. The Manfrotto was bought for a Nikon D40 when I started some time ago.

I now usually shoot a Nikon D300 with Tokina 11-16mm lens - I need a tripod that is rugged, can be used in rough conditions (urban exploration) with a head that securely locks the camera to it (no chance of it falling off our breaking)

Could you please recommend what product would be best for this please? I've seen the deals by Red Snapper, hopefully something in their range?

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the reply. Seriously, the least cost the best - security of attachment with the camera to the head is important...

I need a graphics tablet too lol

You don't say which model of Manfrotto you have. Depending on that, moving to Redsnapper could be a backwards step.
Manfrotto aren't the cheapest but they are one of the best, you could also try Giottos who seem to be getting some good reviews and seems to be good value.

The Manfrotto is a cheap of the cheap, was around £50 - has a head which is not detachable (think its the digi video or something?)

Got it, its a MN718B Digi Tripod & 3-Way :(

I went for full Giottos gear in the end, it turned up today - awesome quality kit. The ball head is amazing with the MH-652 plate

Happy with the purchase :)

Nice, from Warehouse Express?

I think your wanted ad. is still open? Just a heads up.

Loving the urbex by the way. :)
Cheers.

Hi - yep bought the kit from Wex - next day delivery for £3.99 :)

Thanks for that, forgot all about it! Thanks for the compliment - got a 2 for 1 special this weekend on a couple of new locations ;)

Back