What value for an F5

Price of f5's depends on use and serial number as they where made for quite a long time, I have 2 early to mid models I paid £250 for both, if you like a big body then these are fantastic. PS don't drop it on your foot.

I just watched one finish on ebay for £227 but there are plenty already above that.

They are built like bricks. Mines one of the older model but still in very good nick. I wouldn't worry about the older ones.

Do they use a IR sensor for the film like the D80 does?

Sounds about right - I was looking at Grays website too - just out of interest, but I'll be keeping mine as well...

I have an F100 and it's supposed to be an F5 in a smaller lighter body (a bit cheaper too)

It's great to handle - and the vertical grip MB-15 (I think) is also a good idea as it's is well balanced and still ends up smaller than the F5.

I have an F100 and it's supposed to be an F5 in a smaller lighter body (a bit cheaper too)

It's great to handle - and the vertical grip MB-15 (I think) is also a good idea as it's is well balanced and still ends up smaller than the F5.

...and more plasticky - they reminded me of Revell aeroplane kits...:puke:

Aye - plastic (and cheap s/h!) they are, but still lighter and suits the balance of the F100 IMO :wacky:

Back