What's the strange colour on skin and how to get rid of it.

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
Just started to notice on some of my photos and quite a few others, a strange skin tone. Is it something to do with white balance and how can I get rid of it?

Have a look at the dog's tongue.

View attachment 23155

I have the D7000 as well, check you your camera setting menu > set picture control in there you will have 6 settings.

What's it like un-processed? This image has had quite a lot of processing.

yes check your white balance is auto..

as David says
post the original

White balance on auto at a running event and the same thing happens from time to time.
Picture control was on landscape. Will find one ... soon.

Whatever you have done with the sky in PP has affected the WB on the dog IMO.

Found an image with "pink" on the shoulder and forehead. NO pp.

Keep clicking upload a file and it doesn't do anything!

Last edited:
Just for reference too, the WB on this is on the cool side anyway and its had a lot of processing, add in that many dogs may have a pink tongue but there will often be some blue/black pigment in there too and it's very easy to get that colour.

you need to check the forum size limitations if you are trying to upload straight to the thread, otherwise it wont work. [1024px on the longest side and less than 350Kb]

Last edited:
duplicate with typo

Last edited:
That's a white balance issue if you ask me. Just take a touch of magenta out, and reduce blues a smidgen. It's only slight though... hardly a problem.

Always on White balance auto for sports shots. Is it because he is wearing white?

Nope, it;s because auto white balance is not infallible. I usually have a grey card shot as the first shot of a session, and always take another grey card shot if the lighting conditions change. That way I've always got a shot I can use as a white balance reference image (assuming I shoot raw, so white balance isn't actually set permanently)

I'll remember that. Thanks. Difficult when shooting loads of runners whizzing by, but I will try to give it a go on Sunday.

I'll remember that. Thanks. Difficult when shooting loads of runners whizzing by, but I will try to give it a go on Sunday.

You only need one shot with a grey card in it, and then you can balance ALL the shots against that. So long as the light doesn't change, you're OK. If it does, just take another grey card shot.

Back