What's the worst job you ever had?

Cleaning out a sewage tank then having to go inside and fit new float switches for pumping out and alarm triggering. Not pleasant at all.

Helping retrieve/collect dead bodies for the state mortuary when I was a police officer in South Africa. Sadly there isn't a traumatic death scene that I haven't seen or had to help collect.

Deep shampooing dried sick out of cars is nasty but I had to get dead sheep juices out of a vets back seat once, the bag the dead sheep was in leaked.

Painting Pylons. Views were incredible, but the smell of the paint (it's a sort of catalysed resin based gloop that's more like spread on galvanising) after 12-14 hour shifts was just impossible to get out of your nostrils.

I've had to clean up after a lady decided the best way to end her life was to break up the toilet bowl and cut her arms on the sharp bits that remained..

I got the job as I was the only one in the industrial cleaning company I worked for who had a non-girly stomach.. The other guys took one look and wouldn't go in again.

Grim sight.. But you could eat your dinner off the floor when I'd finished :)

I've had to clean up after a lady decided the best way to end her life was to break up the toilet bowl and cut her arms on the sharp bits that remained..

I got the job as I was the only one in the industrial cleaning company I worked for who had a non-girly stomach.. The other guys took one look and wouldn't go in again.

Grim sight.. But you could eat your dinner off the floor when I'd finished :)

:eek:

Back