where are all the sigma 50mm art 1.4s?

Edit My Images
Yes
This lens was released a while ago yet it seems to be in stock almost nowhere (there's a reseller on amazon selling it for far too much money). Just checked digital rev which has a reasonable price but the lens is ordered upon request with an approx 2 month wait!

Check out carlos.gi, last time i spoke with them they import through Spain so no costs importing vs using a HK supplier:

Just over £500 delivered but stock is showing as 6/7 days so i'd speak with them first for a real estimate and also clarify the tax situation so no nasty surprises.

http://www.carlos.gi/products.php?p...G-HSM-(ART)-for-Canon-EOS-digital-SLR-cameras

The only downside is it's not covered by the extended 2 year Sigma UK warranty but the same can be said for HK versions.

i think you may have misread the thread title ;)
Doh! Quite right, sorry OP.

Having said that, Clfiton Cameras do have the Canon 50mm art lens in stock at £699. Also if you source UK you will get 3yr warranty. I heard that Sigma UK are sticklers for their warranty, no international warranty. So any import has to be sent back to country of origin for warranty work.

The only downside is it's not covered by the extended 2 year Sigma UK warranty but the same can be said for HK versions.

Actually, I believe you get no UK warranty at all. Don't think its so much of an issue these days as QC on their ART series is much better than the old hit and miss QC they have on their non-Art lenses.

Last edited:
Having said that, Clfiton Cameras do have the Canon 50mm art lens in stock at £699. Also if you source UK you will get 3yr warranty. I heard that Sigma UK are sticklers for their warranty, no international warranty. So any import has to be sent back to country of origin for warranty work.

I'm always a bit wary of a relatively small store that lists pretty much everything going with no indication of stock, quite a lot of UK independents do this. Based on previous experience if it's a hard to find/new item, a quick call to one of these places will just get you a 'no we don't actually have it, but you can pre-order it with us' response.

Just noticed the variation in prices on this lens is huge, which again suggests nobody actually has it yet. Very rare to see a £150-200 difference between stores, I was under the impression that £850 was more in line with what this lens will actually cost.

I bought my 35mm f1.4 art from Clifton, and they were selling them £100 cheaper than WEX, but still £200 more than HK. It was genuine UK stock as you register your serial number with Sigma UK, which verifies if its UK stock.
Clifton are well respected.

I bought my 35mm f1.4 art from Clifton, and they were selling them £100 cheaper than WEX, but still £200 more than HK. It was genuine UK stock as you register your serial number with Sigma UK, which verifies if its UK stock.
Clifton are well respected.

Absolutely, I have no issues with them, I'm just pointing out that there is little to no chance they actually have a 50mm Art in stock. They don't really do live stock on their site, so phoning to check is the only option.

ended up getting one from onestopdigital - it's en route, will hopefully be here tomorrow :D

It did indeed - very fast service. I got stung with a £17 import charge, but i just sent onestopdigital a photograph of the bill and they refunded the £17 to my paypal account within about 3 minutes. Quality service and quality lens :)

Back