Where/How do you store your equipment

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

I have recently moved house and finally have a room to make into my Man Cave. Currently my gear is in bags dotted around the house/wardrobes.
I want to put my camera equipment in there but don't want to keep it all in bags etc, I spent a small fortune on the kit so I want it on display. I dont want to lock them away in draws etc.

I was thinking some kind of display cabinet (glass fronted)? Any suggestions/ideas would be grateful!

Thanks

Jon

Mine lives in bags, ready to be grabbed if/when I want it. Each bag contains a different system so has relevant cards, batteries, lenses etc. kept together ready.

I used to leave mine in a bag but was under a window- camera "sweats" in the bag and I had moisture get into a sensor! So if you are storing it I'd take into account room temp change!

If I had a room to put it in, I would have one of these.

I'll be honest mine's all over the place ... camera bags are on top of the wardrobe except for the one that's in the middle of the floor with my lenses in it. The camera is on my bookshelf. Filters and other accessories are sprinkled about the room. This is a tidy day too!

I have my gear stored in a cupboard at the back I have some shelves some accessories and a few lens then in front of them I have my camera bags with rest of my equipment like a previous reply loaded up and ready to get picked up and ready to go when required.

I have my 1D4 with 100-400 in a large holster next to my home desk. That's where it lives and is always at hand should I have any interesting wildlife visiting.

All my other lenses, spare body, filters etc live upstairs in a bag. Lowepro 400 AW I think.

I keep lenses and bodies in a humidity controlled cabinat. 60L job was about £120 off ebay

When I consider what is in that cabinet (££) it makes good sense! All other stuff gets stored across a few camera bags.

Last edited:
Like most mine is scattered through a range of bags drawers and shelves.

I honestly don't see the point in displaying camera kit in a show case, but that's just me - I also don't understand why people hang plates on the wall...

Like most mine is scattered through a range of bags drawers and shelves.

I honestly don't see the point in displaying camera kit in a show case, but that's just me - I also don't understand why people hang plates on the wall...
Just for clarification my own cabinet is not a display case it's a dry box, albeit electronically controlled. It's sat in the corner of a junk room.

I try not to have all my gear in one cabinet just incase the worst happens.....

I keep all of mine in the house somewhere.

I do have display cases for my father's camera collection which I inherited.

Steve.

Back