Which 10-24mm Should I Get?

Name
Sam
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All

On my way to buying my 2nd lens and I have decided to go for a Wideangle Lens. I have narrowed it down to 2 possible lenses:

Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED
OR
Tamron 10-24mm f3.5-4.5 Di II LD AF SP NIKON AF

Now I am still new to Photography but I have a basic understanding of fstops and my focal lengths. Is there any difference between the 2? Obviously price is a major impact as I could probably buy 2 tamrons for the price of 1 Nikon. Looking on flickr the quality of images produced from the Nikon are fantastic (but is that down to the photographer?) will I notice the difference if I went with Tamron?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Sam

Last edited:
The Tamron has a bit of a lacklustre reputation. Im sure it's fine in reality but it would be worth reading a few reviews.

It would be worth also considering the tokina 12-24, 12-28 and the 11-16. The Sigma 10-20 is also a nice lens as is their 8-16. And nikon do a 12-24 as well that is worth a look.

Personally, having owned a few of them, I'd pick the Tokina 11-16.

The Tamron has a bit of a lacklustre reputation. Im sure it's fine in reality but it would be worth reading a few reviews.

It would be worth also considering the tokina 12-24, 12-28 and the 11-16. The Sigma 10-20 is also a nice lens as is their 8-16. And nikon do a 12-24 as well that is worth a look.

Personally, having owned a few of them, I'd pick the Tokina 11-16.

Excellent, thanks for the reply. Looking at the Tokina it has great reviews and look on photo pools is takes some great shots. Might head towards this.

Back