sigma 105mm 2.8
nikon 50mm 1.8
sb600
sb900
cards, batteries etc etc

for when i am out on the job.

do i go for a backpack or a roller??

any suggestions?? :clap:

Lowpro Photo Trekker AWII, fantastic bag, comfortable (bit heavy, but you won't notice when on your back), comes with day sac for drinks, food, etc...I've climb up hills in wales with in on.

I have the Lowepro Vertex 300, which is more than capable to take all that you've listed. I am looking to get a shoulder bag, and am looking into the Billingham 550, though I am not too sure if it can handle that kind of kit :shrug:

just seen the expedition 8! will that suit.

really wanted a rolling case but none of them seem deep enough to fit in d700 gripped which measures 17cm deep!!

For my tuppenceworth - I find anything other than a backpack can give you back problems. What you are putting in your bag isn't lightweight and you need to think about how that effects you.

just seen the expedition 8! will that suit.

really wanted a rolling case but none of them seem deep enough to fit in d700 gripped which measures 17cm deep!!

I have one of these and its huge.....to be honest anything bigger is going to be too big to carry

I have the Tamrac expedition 7x and it would fit all or your gear in it without a problem ,and around £100 ;)

If you are looking for something that size...., I have been considering the item below. It can be gotten for around £150, I think it can fit what you want. FWIW, it has a flap at the top I think should be easy to get the camera into and out of. I am still umming and ahing over this. I need it for hand luggage, it is 3cm too deep (28 vs 25), but I think given their other bags, it can be squashed into the size.

http://www.crumpler.co.uk/?product=Full_Photo_Backpacks&page=details&product_id=BIGCH-001&view=2&size=&lsc=&lcc=

I have the expedition 7X and it holds a 5D MKII gripped and a 450D Gripped, 5 Lens's Two speedlight flashes a Jessops flash, a Macro ringflash , portable hard drive and lots of other stuff. Its heavy when full but comfortable.

cheers guys

i really want a hard case but they are either too expensive or not deep enougth.

think i will go for a expedition7 or 8. its only to store all the kit at home or in car as have mini trekker to carry the bits i need at the time.

keep the suggestions coming though please!

I use a Lowepro Computrekker Plus AW. Holds D300 and D70 (both gripped) 300/f4, 70-200 2.8, SB-600, 18-70, 50, some ancillaries and room in the back to slip a 17 inch laptop.

computertrekkerAW.jpg

Back