Which Compact?

Edit My Images
No
Yes, I have browsed similar threads here but new compacts keep hitting the market hence a new thread. :)

Because the SLR sometimes becomes impractical to lug around, I am interested in a stylist with a decent MP to Op Zoom ratio. I always thought the Canon IXUS ones are very nice and compact but I am open to suggestions. :thinking:

Many thanks.

I'd go for a G10 while you can still get one. The G11 is available very soon and is over £550.00. I have a G9 and love the thing, and I'm sure the G10 is just as good as the G9 and its not as expensive as the G11.

just bought a TZ7.....i must say i'm impressed
build quality is superb & picture quality is very good if you stay below 200iso
i have a red one & think it's a great bit of kit....very stylish & easy to use

I'd go for a G10 while you can still get one. The G11 is available very soon and is over £550.00. I have a G9 and love the thing, and I'm sure the G10 is just as good as the G9 and its not as expensive as the G11.
But are they 'compact'?

I'd say the new S90 looks interesting and is even less 'impractical to lug around'. ;)

Thanks guys for all your inputs. I am leaning towards TZ7. Walked in the panasonic store locally last weekend and the prices did not seem all that bad compared to the web ones. Any suggestions for best prices? :thinking:

If you like to look through a view finder the Panasonic is not for you - Screen only and in bright light very hard to see. Quite noisy if you pixel peep too...

Rog

Panasonic LX3 for good ISO performance.
Olympus EP1 or any micro 4/3rds for the best image quality/ISO performance by far of any compact (excluding Leica M8) but they're not as compact and are expensive.
Fuji F60 for a cheap compact with very good image quality
Panasonic TZ6/TZ7 for good optical zoom range

Now my head is spinning :shake:

Back