Which is best?

Name
Ellie
Edit My Images
No
Hi. I am looking to buy a new SLR camera but have no idea as to which ones would be best for me. The only requirements are:
Electronic viewfinder
Macro setting
10mega pixels minimum
A good zoom
I would also love an adjustable screen but am realistic in what I could get.

Any suggestions are welcome as all the sights I have looked on so far have used way too much technical language that I don't really understand. I am an amateur photographer have up to £300 to spend. I have been considering the Nikon P90 as an option. Any ideas?

Hi. I am looking to buy a new SLR camera but have no idea as to which ones would be best for me. The only requirements are:
Electronic viewfinder

I would also love an adjustable screen but am realistic in what I could get. :)

Electronic viewfinder? Not sure why you have specified that. I think you'll be much better off with a straight optical viewfinder myself.

So.....

From what I can gather, you may want to consider something like a second hand Canon 350d of the Nikon equivalent. Although we won't be getting an electronic viewfinder with either of those.

Any entry level SLR will give you what you are looking for although macro setting depends on a lens not the camera body itself, as does zoom. The options are endless but take a look at the thread
showthread.php
about going into a camera shop and holding a camera - how it feels in your hands accounts for a suprising amount. There are loads of ver good brands (Sony, Olympus, Pentax etc) but you might want to look at either Nikon or Canon's entry level SLR's as they are the big market players and have tons of third party stuff which fits their cameras. You would probably find that the vast majority of the posters on here use either Nikon or Canon. So - pop down to your local Jessops and have a feel - as they say. Then scour the internet for reviews of the one or two that you liked best and then take it from there.

Live view - and it will run your battery flat faster than you can switch it off.
using the screen in any way uses far more battery power than the motor winder or the camera functions.
I shoot with my review screen turned off - always. If I want to check something, I will turn it on to review that frame only. Your battery will last MUCH longer then.

A good SLR design will give you a full frame view in the viewfinder anyway, so you can a free "live view" rather than a battery dependant one. Less to go wrong too - it is only light being bounced about and the photons are there already, looking for somewhere to go.

fuji bridge, s100fs, get a refurb from the fuji shop. has everything you ask for, 'cept being a bridge but not an slr.

Back