which lens for a canon 5d iii

Edit My Images
Yes
I have a sigma 70-200mm 1:2.8 APO DG HSM telephoto lens but would that be compatible with a canon 5d iii? i also have a canon efs 18-55, and a sigma DC 18-200 mm lens. I assume that neither of them would be compatible too?
thanks for any advice

The 70-200 2.8 DG should be fine. Sigma's DG lenses are suitable for full format or aps-c digital SLRs.
EF-S is Canon's aps-c format specific range of lenses, while lenses designated DC are Sigma's. The 18-55 and 18-200 won't be compatible with the 5D3.

The 70-200 2.8 DG should be fine. Sigma's DG lenses are suitable for full format or aps-c digital SLRs.
EF-S is Canon's aps-c format specific range of lenses, while lenses designated DC are Sigma's. The 18-55 and 18-200 won't be compatible with the 5D3.

Just to add to that... AFAIK (I've never done it myself but I've seen example shots on the net) Sigma APS-C lenses (DC) will fit a 5D and work but may / will / YMMV not cover the full frame sensor. Canon EF-S lenses will not fit a 5D as they wont mount and if they would they'd probably stick too far into the body but there are vids on line showing you how to make 'em fit involving surgery... should you wish :D

Last edited:
Back