Which wide angle for a D40???

Edit My Images
No
Im thinking of buying a wide angle lens fr my D40, its going to need auto focus and i want to keep it if i end up up grading bodies in the future. Any ideas as i havent a clue where to start, many thanks.

Sigma 10-20, it's a fantastic lens or if funds allow the Nikon 12-24 which is also excellent.

The Sigma 10-20 has 2 types if I remember correctly though doesn't it - one with HSM (will AF on a D40) and one without (will not AF on a D40) - need to ensure you get one with HSM...

The Sigma 10-20 has 2 types if I remember correctly though doesn't it - one with HSM (will AF on a D40) and one without (will not AF on a D40) - need to ensure you get one with HSM...

Pretty sure all the Nikon-fit 10-20s have the HSM....

How big an upgrade will you be making? If it'll be to full frame, you'll need to avoid any Dx Nikon lenses, DC Sigmas, DiII Tamrons and other lenses dedicated to the Dx sensor. That leaves the Sigma 12-24 and a Nikon of a similar length but only the Sigma is affordable!

The Sigma 10-20 for Nikon has only ever had HSM. No doubt about it. There are no "versions" with and without HSM in Nikon fit.

Back