Who's a good boy then?

Edit My Images
Yes
20061115210721_doggy.jpg

I came across this one again last night when I was clearing out the rubbish from the photos I've taken since I bought my 350D. I took it whilst we were away for the week in Bridlington back in August. I thought it was quite a nice candid shot. Taken using my 90-300 as it was before I'd purchased the 100-400L.

More...

There's a dog?
Seriously - it looks a bit distant to me - one of the things I bang on about is the lack of connection with the subjects - doesn't matter if it's a candid or not, there still should be some interaction with the two people in the picture - the viewer and the subject. Otherwise it's just a surveillance photo.
This just makes me want to turn the page (figuratively speaking, that is...).
The way you placed the central group in the middle of the frame also means it lacks a little something. Crop in around the subjects and lose all the empty space at the right, see how that works.

Make a great caption competition shot.

"Look that seaweed looks just like a dog!" ;p

I'm really loving my photoblog being posted directly into this forum - I'm getting critique and suggestions that I've never had before. Yay.

Point taken about the composition and framing, also about the interaction. It was back in the middle of August when I took this and I feel I have improved somewhat.

I went through my canon directory and deleted 1500 photos I'd taken between getting the camera back in July and the last time I downloaded piccies. I tend to delete the rubbish as soon as I get back these days and so didnt have anything to delete from the chester trip last week. I know I'm improving but I also know I can always improve further so I really value your input and opinions :)

Back