WIFI card reader

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Looking for a wifi card reader that will take CF cards so I can upload to my ipad on a shoot.
Is this the best way to go about it or should I get the card reader adapter thingy if it takes CF cards.
Any thoughts, suggestions welcome.

Graham

Graham,

Is it jpeg or raw photos you want to upload to the ipad? If jpeg have a look at the toshiba FlashAir sd cards which you may be able to use with a cf adaptor.

Please note that it does not show raw photos on the app.

In that case that will not work sorry.

I know it's not exactly what you asked about, but I use the Camera connection kit and upload the photos that way to the iPad. Works a treat for me...

you could try the eye fi pro x2 with a CF adaptor which works but the range is limited to a few metre's depending on which camera you use

http://www.eyefi.com/products/prox2

i have one and it works quite well as long as you don't stray too far away from whatever your sending the files to
on a positive note if you do stray it will automatically start to transfer when you come back into range

Hi

Don't know for sure if this will work but you could use the USB half of Apples camera connection kit and plug a generic CF card reader into it, that should in theory work if not you could just plug the camera into it and that would work, but you lose the use of the camera whilst it slowly uploads and it will be slow.

Paul

you can get kits off amazon that are card reader to pad im sure?

but wifi can be *slow* so a wired solution might be alot better

Looking for a wifi card reader that will take CF cards so I can upload to my ipad on a shoot.
Is this the best way to go about it or should I get the card reader adapter thingy if it takes CF cards.
Any thoughts, suggestions welcome.

Graham

Just a question what sort of shoot is it? And an ipad is the worst device in the world. Youd fill the ipad on a shoot and as you cant plug anything into it your very limited.

Back