Wild Black Mink

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
Brilliant Les not easily found in wild I have heard but you being Mr Gamekeeper probably see them all the time.

Yes do occasionally get a quick glimpse, never seem to have my Shotgun when I do though :mad:

Les ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, never seen one of those before, part of the stoat family? Its beautiful and well done on the capture les (y)

Aside from the vermin you have to take of, the long days, I think you've got the best job ever :)

Impressive, nasty little characters though ... was this on your land or one of the reserves?

My Land Roger ;)

wow, never seen one of those before, part of the stoat family? Its beautiful and well done on the capture les (y)

Aside from the vermin you have to take of, the long days, I think you've got the best job ever :)

Come down and do it for a week in Winter Carl, your point of view may change :p:p:p yes the Mink is a nasty predator and part of the mustelid family, a group of short-legged, long-bodied carnivores which includes Stoat, Weasel and Badger

Les ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
My Land Roger ;)

Come down and do it for a week in Winter Carl, your point of view may change :p:p:p yes the Mink is a nasty predator and part of the mustelid family, a group of short-legged, long-bodied carnivores which includes Stot, Weasel and Badger

Les ;)
I think i'd fill my memory card very quickly lol, if i get the chance, i will definitely ask ! :)

Impressive, nasty little characters though ... was this on your land or one of the reserves?

Cheers Roger, I have to trap it now as you say Nasty little Characters :bat:

I think i'd fill my memory card very quickly lol, if i get the chance, i will definitely ask ! :)

not a problem Carl- plenty to shoot here with and without a Camera :D

Cheers Roger, I have to trap it now as you say Nasty little Characters :bat:

And the great thing is that he looks suitable nasty in the photos, so that should stop the cuddly brigade from getting upset about it being shot. Great photos Les.

Good capture as I'm amazed you managed these shots. The couple of times I've seen them in the wild - it's just for seconds, as they seem to be quicker than stoats/weasels! The second image says to me "catch me if you can":D

:p
And the great thing is that he looks suitable nasty in the photos, so that should stop the cuddly brigade from getting upset about it being shot. Great photos Les.

Thank you Peter a nasty vermin indeed

:mad:Get me Gun....

I have plenty of firearms to choose from, :p

Good capture as I'm amazed you managed these shots. The couple of times I've seen them in the wild - it's just for seconds, as they seem to be quicker than stoats/weasels! The second image says to me "catch me if you can":D

the 1st shot was a quick grab shot, I then composed the 2nd shot and coughed loudly, so he looked into the lens ;)

Les

The few times I have seen mink they do not hang about so these are great shots. It is a pity they have such a huge effect on other wildlife because they are one of the most delightful animals to watch.

I don't know if eradication is possible as, I think, they are not the easiest animals to catch, and they are widespread - I've seen them on Lewis and in east London.

Dave

Last edited:
Back