Wild Flowers

Nice clean simple images there, the last one I like a lot.

I like the last one too.
It's one of those that really does suit a central composition IMO - I also like the way that the de-focused flowers in the b/g give the feel of fairy dust or a ray of sunshine :)
Yes, I know most people see Dandelions as weeds, but it definitely has the feel of Summer about it.

Second one isn't quite there for me though. I think it's the narrow DoF and the various parts of the flower dipping in and out of the focal plane.

And I'm on the fence with no.1.
It's a perfectly nice, natural study of a wild flower but it's lacking something that I can't quite put my finger on. It just doesn't have the PING of the dandelion.
The flower petals certainly look a touch underexposed and upping that a bit might help it pop. Possibly a bit of desaturation of the green grass so it doesn't overpower the delicate flower too???

Thanks both.

Thanks for the detailed comments Sarah. I see exactly what you mean about 1 and 2. It never occurred to me to de-saturate the green. Definitely worth a try.

I also understand what you're saying about the OOF parts of 2. I quite like it, but I'm having second thoughts now.

Back