Critique Wildwood 2

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
After seeing the pictures by spike241 @ Wildwood I decided to take a trip with the Mrs on Sunday. Great place will be going back.

Here’s my attempt. I was surprised how dark it was and had all sorts of issues with shutter speed and getting enough light. Had to have iso 3200 and very slow shutter speeds was free hand so not as sharp as I would have liked as I believe there is some camera shake going on. Note to self-take tripod or borrow a faster lens from my Dad. :0)

I think Number 2 is the pic of the set but what do you all think? Thanks Paul.

_PCB4356.jpg by Elmer_fudd23, on Flickr

_PCB4358.jpg by Elmer_fudd23, on Flickr

_PCB4364.jpg by Elmer_fudd23, on Flickr

_PCB4397.jpg by Elmer_fudd23, on Flickr

_PCB4056.jpg by Elmer_fudd23, on Flickr

_PCB4035.jpg by Elmer_fudd23, on Flickr

_PCB4027.jpg by Elmer_fudd23, on Flickr

_PCB4020.jpg by Elmer_fudd23, on Flickr

Last edited:
Yeah, it looks as though it was just an issue with the low shutter speeds for 1 and 4.
#2 is great, sharp with a nice pose.

The light was really harsh for you as well then. It's a shame but nothing you can do about that except hope for better weather next time!

Yes was a very harsh light. Very dark in the wooded parts and bright sunshine in the other areas. Got some good shots of the barn owls but same problem you had with blown highlights. Hand held camera 1/125 @ 300mm even at ISO 3200 was a challenge. Had to drop to 1/60th on some shots but as expected they are not as sharp as I would like. Very impressed with the image stabilisation as this is the first lens I have had with it. Used the fence as much as I could to aid stability but it was always in the wrong place. Great day out. Looking forward to another visit to correct what I didn't get right this time.

Back