Willington Cooling Tower

Edit My Images
No
6103545724_33089f374c_b.jpg

6103541340_04556f934f_b.jpg

6102970249_77be0885fa_b.jpg

I was going to try and edit the "thing" out of pic 3, but i think it adds bit more character to the shot

Thanks for looking.

HI,
I think they'd look better in b&w. No 3 in my opinion is the only one that has any impact.

Number 3 for me too. Pity that metal thing is at the bottom as adds nothing and distracts from a very clean tower

With the exception of number 1 the lighting is very flat on all of them. If you can only shoot from those angles because of background clutter I'd shoot it again at a different time of day, if you're stuck for time I'd shoot them from a different angle instead.

bit of a straighten too (would help!)

Number 3 for me too. Pity that metal thing is at the bottom as adds nothing and distracts from a very clean tower

everyone's different - the OP thinks exactly the opposite :eek:

which is good because what a boring world if we all had the same thoughts and opinions

anyway, the only critique I have really is that the first 2 are cropped a little too tight. I think huge things like this look better with a wider angle especially if you can include trees or other buildings to add scale :clap:

I'm amazed that they haven't destroyed the Willington power station yet.
This is my old neck of the woods (an my brother still lives in Stenson).

My preference is shot 1, like the flower detail in the wind to draw your eye into the pic.

Back