B&W window light

Edit My Images
Yes
My son and his reflection as he looked out his grandma's window

13953598601_77c5b18304_b.jpg

I usually push my B&W work through silver efex pro but this is just a simple duChemin preset. Fuji X-E1 and 35mm lens. Thoughts welcome

Yeah I like it too. Very moody and makes you wonder what his thoughts are.

Very good the difused light from the window works very well, fine shot.

Love it just the right amount of light plus a great moody look.
Gaz

Agree with all the above.
Good timing and composition, giving just enough of the reflection.
A pensive and thoughtful capture.

Thanks all for commenting.

This is a posed shot. I dragged him to the window and told him to look outside while I took a handful of shots. The moody look is all his though. I suspect he is wondering when I will stop shooting and take him to get an ice-cream (this was in my mother-in-law's flat in Italy)

Ian, I love a lot of the shots you post of your son, but this one lacks that special little something for me. It doesn't look to me like he's deep in thought - it looks like he's staring blankly into the distance. It's really, really close to being a lovely shot and is flawless technically, but, as I said, doesn't have the emotion for me.

Ian, I love a lot of the shots you post of your son, but this one lacks that special little something for me. It doesn't look to me like he's deep in thought - it looks like he's staring blankly into the distance. It's really, really close to being a lovely shot and is flawless technically, but, as I said, doesn't have the emotion for me.

Funny you should say this Dean. I took a lot of shots of him this holiday and too many were a bit blank. If I ask him to look at the camera I get a better look (but often the same one), but if I ask him to look away he is a bit less interesting. I think I may have overused him a bit. This is the best of the bunch by far, I think, but I agree that the look isn't his strongest. I am going to have to work on him a bit. I remember reading some supermodel's tip for posing. He/she said "don't try to look interesting, try to look interested" which I will tell him.

Funny you should say this Dean. I took a lot of shots of him this holiday and too many were a bit blank. If I ask him to look at the camera I get a better look (but often the same one), but if I ask him to look away he is a bit less interesting. I think I may have overused him a bit. This is the best of the bunch by far, I think, but I agree that the look isn't his strongest. I am going to have to work on him a bit. I remember reading some supermodel's tip for posing. He/she said "don't try to look interesting, try to look interested" which I will tell him.

Good stuff. What we're trying to capture is something going on inside.

Back