Window Shopping...

Name
Russ
Edit My Images
Yes
In The Shambles, York....

View attachment 6591

The Shambles is the former butchery quarter of York, where the butchers would display their meat on the wide ledges in front of their shop windows. Much has changed in this medieval street of course, but several butchers' ledges can still be seen in this photo...

Russ

Last edited:
Thanks for that Tony :)

It is a single, hand-held exposure using a Canon 7D + EFS 17-55 f/2.8 lens at ISO 1000; 17mm, f/2.8 and no flash. I processed the image in Lightroom 5 to sharpen a little and to lighten shadows.

Shot taken on a November evening at dusk. I would have liked some wet cobble/pavement surfaces to add interest - so will now have to arrange a return visit later this year (no hardship!!).

Russ

For me it's a pity that the 'window shoppers' at either side of the foreground have been sliced up, I would have preferred to have seen them more complete. :)

For me it's a pity that the 'window shoppers' at either side of the foreground have been sliced up, I would have preferred to have seen them more complete. :)
I'll need a much wider-angle lens, Gramps for this very restricted space in this old street ;) - but I'll see what the future brings!

Russ

Back