Windsor Castle

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, James, just looking at #2, pleasant light, lovely clouds and a cracking building, but the first thing I saw was the light upper right. The cars are a distraction and there is too much empty FG.

I'd have been tempted to get closer, if you could??, and focus on the area containing the clock, so you can exclude the distractions. Of course if you could not go in then this is all academic :)

Cheers.

I like the last one, pretty good composition :)

Hi, James, just looking at #2, pleasant light, lovely clouds and a cracking building, but the first thing I saw was the light upper right. The cars are a distraction and there is too much empty FG.

I'd have been tempted to get closer, if you could??, and focus on the area containing the clock, so you can exclude the distractions. Of course if you could not go in then this is all academic :)

Cheers.

With two we couldn't get any closer for number 2 as was gates and then a soldier the other side so didn't fancy trying either! Dont often photography buildings so will bear all that in mind next time Igo somewhere.

I tried cropping the light out but the building looked wrong so left it in. I should of tried to clone it out really now thinking about it.

I like the last one, pretty good composition :)
Thanks this is my favourite shot ive taken from the trip i think.

Yeah will give that a go now, only just started using lightroom and just found out how to use the clone tool.

No.2 could do with a bit of lens correction and cropping to remove the lamp, paving bottom right and edge of gateway at top left.

...and I really like no.5, even if he is a bit central, it works. I don't suppose you have one of him a few paces earlier?

Windsor edit by Tigertail.ufo, on Flickr

Last edited:
No unfortunatley dont have one as there was people standing infront and this was the only one i could get wtih a clear shot.

I have got ride of the sign and looks better now

_MG_8351 V2 by jamesmeephotography, on Flickr

Thanks for the edit on 2 above looks loads better

I have just recropped the edit to 16:9 ratio which I think is better! ( sorry about your watermark though!) :)

Much better without the sign too!

Windsor edit 2 by Tigertail.ufo, on Flickr

Last edited:
Yeah thats loads better i shall have to give it a try. Dont worry about the watermark that was only in place for my facebook

Thank you sometimes you just dont notice the obvious things until they are pointed out.

Back