Critique Winter walk in Windsor

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Thats a belter lovely time of day. You captured a great smile with fab catchlights plus a cool hood/hat.

Gaz

You've captured a lovely smile there Ian :) If your other half turned 90 degrees left, would the open fields on the Eton side have been behind her for a cleaner background ? Maybe that would have left her in shade though as I know there's a lot of trees along that path

Nice shot Ian, you're a very lucky boy! Just watch out for backgrounds, usually something dissecting the head such as the bridge is something to avoid.

Thank you David, I know I am (she's half my age!) and lovely in every way. You make a good point about the bridge which I hadn't considered (either at the time or since TBH). I was amzed she agreed to stand there for 5 mins while her mum and dad showed Finley (our son) the swans. I'll bear this in mind for future shots.

You've captured a lovely smile there Ian :) If your other half turned 90 degrees left, would the open fields on the Eton side have been behind her for a cleaner background ? Maybe that would have left her in shade though as I know there's a lot of trees along that path

Thanks Damian. Mmm...maybe, I can't remember to be honest. I think it's the rowing club opposite this bit or houses. As I've mentioned I only had a few minutes to grab the shot, so perhaps paid less attention to the background than I should have done. A lesson leant, I suppose.

This is another one I took (which still needs the shadows sorting out at some point). Love the natural smile in this, though now the bridge has been mentioned that's all I can see!

IMG_6266 r
by Ian J Bradshaw, on Flickr

Thanks both for taking the time to comment, it's much appreciated.

A re-edited version of the above shot. I've added blur to the background (but I can see the bridge is still an issue) and brought out some shadow details.

IMG_6266 re by Ian J Bradshaw, on Flickr

Last edited:
try a portrait crop and loose most of the BG would be my advice fella

Good shot though

Les

try a portrait crop and loose most of the BG would be my advice fella

Good shot though

Les

That would be an idea but this isn't cropped it's as shot, so there isn't any more image to make a portrait crop. Even a 10x8 is too tight. I'll treat this as a lesson learned. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Back