Winter Wonderland

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
CRW_6368-01-2.jpg

Yes this is a repost of a shot I posted about 15 months ago. This is an Infra-red photo taken using a Hoya R72 Infra-red filter on a Canon 50mm f/1.8 lens. I found this is the best combination with a Canon camera for getting the lovely white leaves effect you get on IR photos. There are a few reasons for the repost. Firstly because its one week to Christmas and as such I will be posting a Christmas themed image each day till then. As a bonus I will also be releasing each image as a wallpaper for your computer as a little thank you and early Christmas present.

Download;
The second reason for me posting this image is because I sold a print of it yesterday at the Arena Gallery Christmas art auction in Liverpool. I entered 3 shots and only the 3rd and final shot sold. I wasn’t really disappointed as it was a fun auction and thanks to the auctioneer I had a laugh. I recorded each item on my phone so you can hear what he had to say. It was hilarious. “HDR! What’s HDR? Oh High Dynamic Range. Just look at it, fantastic.” Hardly anyone’s work sold and he got that desperate he was pimping the frames, and even the back of some work. I got a bid on the Toronto sunset skyline image but only up to £30. It was fun to meet the people who bought it afterwards. Nice couple. I also got to meet Ian Jackson and his wife of Art in Liverpool fame, and to thank them for the fantastic site. Such a resource for local artists.

Camera: Canon 10D // Flash Used: No // Focal Length: 50.0mm // Exposure Time: 25.000 s // Aperture: f/14.0 // ISO equiv: 400 // White Balance: Manual // Metering Mode: Matrix // Exposure Mode: Manual // Canon 50mm f/1.8

</img> </img> </img>

More...

Great image that one Pete ... and smashing to hear the story/reasons behind the postings ... (y)

OOI ... the mp3 files just take me to TP Home page ... :shrug:

:p

They are indeedy ... but he's not selling any of them to me ... :shrug:

Was he part of the problem bac ... :thinking:

:p

Nah I don't think so. People could see the images and they spoke for themselves. He did a great job at trying to get the crowd motivated but they just weren't having it. Someone did sell a black n white sunset image for £50 and, not being bitchy, but if they had put it here it would have been slated imho. There was about 70 pieces but the crowd just didn't wanna pay, and things were being offered at £10.

Yeah it was just the wrong crowd. I've sold other prints for £50 so I know it works.

Great gesture there Pete with the wallpaper (y)

Really like that IR shot, looks like the perfect winter scene :clap:

(Now to look up the price of a Hoya R72 :D or should that be :( ) (y)

Santa Carr in the flesh:D

Nice story and gesture Pete. Compliments of the season pal! (y)

Well done Pete.

I remember this one. Awsome shot Pete. This one really made me want to experiment with IR. Cheers :)

REally great pic. It is now my background so thank you. Great story about the auction shame about the tightwads though.

Back