Wiscombe Hillclimb Devon

Name
terry
Edit My Images
Yes
It was my first time out with the new Canon 70- 300L Haven't shot any Motorsport for at least 3 years so it was good to visit Wiscombe which is a lovely venue. £7 entry and you can get close up to the action. Chatted to several of the drivers what a fantastic lot they are makes F1 look like the premier league prima donnas a very approachable bunch. They have some events still left this year here is the link for anyone wishing to visit http://www.wiscombepark.co.uk/

I am very pleased with the new lens worked well in fairly subdued light in the wooded section of the course. I found the extra 100 mm reach a bit of getting used to as looking at my images tonight several have been too tightly cropped and the usual trick of getting my panning right but hey practice makes perfect.

Wont bore you with too many so here's my personal four from the day.

View attachment 20240

View attachment 20241

View attachment 20242

View attachment 20244

Last edited:
The wooded section of the course is always much harder to photograph from due to the reduced light. I've been a few times recently and it is a great cheap day out.
I think your last one is excellent but the middle two do nothing for me. Sorry but they look like a panning shot gone wrong?

Back