Witches -v- Wolves

Name
Robyn
Edit My Images
No
My first meeting of the season on Thursday, missed the first few due to holiday. Had almighty problems getting into it - started out with my ISO set wrong, then couldn't remember my settings, forgot to turn off the IS, forgot to switch to Servo, forgot to change frame rate, and forgot to change from RAW to jpeg. Apart from that it all went fine. My fellow 'tog on the centre, Steve, was getting more and more amused as the evening went on and I kept remembering to sort things out!

Anyway - here we go....

1) Ales Dryml of Wolves - nearly lost his life a couple of seasons back following a horrendous crash which appeared live on TV. It was touch and go for a while but amazingly he's now back riding again.
0503AlesDryml.jpg

2) New Wolves signing Nicolai Klindt
0512Klindt.jpg

3) Witches young German reserve Tobi Kroner
0535Tobi.jpg

4) A spot of team riding from Dryml and Klindt
0578DrymlKlindt.jpg

5) Now something a little different - towards the end of the meeting I tend to start playing a bit.....this is Tobi again
0584TobiPanned.jpg

6) and finally another "playing" shot - Polish star Jarek Hampel, 1/80th, f2.8, no flash.
0589Artyjarek2.jpg

Next meeting I should have some entertainment as the Sky cameras are in town......they're sometimes a good target, not least as they don't much enjoy being photographed!

Sounds like you were the entertainment that time Witchy ... :LOL:

Some pretty good shots seeing as you were just getting your hand in you l'il ole beginner you ... :naughty:

I guess the guys don't mind the flash then ... :shrug:

:p

Nice stuff Robyn, don't think B/W work anymore with Speedway, just my opinion.

Sounds like you were the entertainment that time Witchy ... :LOL:

Some pretty good shots seeing as you were just getting your hand in you l'il ole beginner you ... :naughty:

I guess the guys don't mind the flash then ... :shrug:

:p

Flash on the inside does not affect the riders, so they say!!

Cheers Ven!!

I know what you mean about B&W Steve - as I say, the final one of Jarek was me playing really, and on that one I like the result. I produce mono conversions for the programme now and I did my own online save on that one of Tobi last, hence it was already "sans colour" and I couldn't be bothered to trawl back through the history to put it into colour again!

The theory with the flash is that the riders eyes are looking more to the outside than the inside, hence flash on the centre doesn't distract. Personally I think it's because they know it's going to be happening on the inside! It's absolutely verboten on the terraces though!

Cheers Tim - we much prefer it a little further into the season when we dont have to use flash right through!

Yes - get yourself along there Tim!

Cheers Neil - it amazes me still too and I've been watching 'em for 20 years! :eek:

Good speedway action......good sharp Images and I like the B/W shot.....,not easy shooting in the dark but you have done a good job with these.......Cheers Barry

Back