With Child (take two)

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
I decided to take another approach on the maternity photo... My wife (in the photo) isn't really showing enough for a proper "bump" photo, but I thought the sapling signified her current state fairly well....

I will probably revisit this and I'm not as happy with these as I had hoped. :(

DSC_2855-Edit.jpg

DSC_2850.jpg

Difficult to sum up these, the in focus subject is so small within the shot that the BG becomes distracting.
I like the idea, in #2 i would be tempted to use a closer crop on the seedling and hands and then blur the BG even more.

I really like them.
I'm a fan of abstract portraits anyway but I think the concept is a good twist.

in #2 i would be tempted to use a closer crop on the seedling and hands and then blur the BG even more.

Think that's a good idea but as an extra photo.

Congratulations BTW :clap:

unique! i like them! would prefer if the hands were in focus in number 1, but that's just a personal choice! very creative!

I think the composition/effect of the second one is my favourite - i like both though and a great idea. Great detail has been captured in the sapling. The only thing that bugs me is your wife's expression particularly in the second shot - she has a rather 'hard' set to her mouth in these, which i think puts me off a bit as she looks a bit angry or peed off! i dont mean that to offend though!!

any news on the twin possibility?! :)

Difficult to sum up these, the in focus subject is so small within the shot that the BG becomes distracting.
I like the idea, in #2 i would be tempted to use a closer crop on the seedling and hands and then blur the BG even more.

Thanks for comment. When I revisit this idea, I'll take that into consideration. (y)

I really like them.
I'm a fan of abstract portraits anyway but I think the concept is a good twist.

Think that's a good idea but as an extra photo.

Congratulations BTW :clap:

Thanks much. :) I like abstract stuff too.

Number 1 is my favourite and I really like your creativity!!!!

unique! i like them! would prefer if the hands were in focus in number 1, but that's just a personal choice! very creative!

Thanks, TS. I was so excited when I envisioned the shots, but they just didn't quite make it to where I wanted them. :(

I think the composition/effect of the second one is my favourite - i like both though and a great idea. Great detail has been captured in the sapling. The only thing that bugs me is your wife's expression particularly in the second shot - she has a rather 'hard' set to her mouth in these, which i think puts me off a bit as she looks a bit angry or peed off! i dont mean that to offend though!!

any news on the twin possibility?! :)

Trust me, she's not the most photogenic woman ever and she'll admit that. lol. She is very attractive in real life though. :) And no news on twins yet... go to the doctor for the first time next week.

I like the bokeh of the first but angle of the second. A great idea, be good to see the set in 7 months time :)

Thanks mate. :D I may have to do a compilation over a period of the entire pregnancy... Not sure if I'm that dedicated. lol.

Miss you guys on here. Need to get back more often.

Back