Wolf here

Edit My Images
No
Hi All

Had a good at the Wolf Sanctuary in Berkshire, just a couple to share for now :)

web_lrPP-5476.jpg

web_lrPP-5277.jpg

Thanks in advance for looking and any feedback you may have???

I'm not keen on the angle or the crop on the first one though,
either wider or tighter would work better IMO
Great pose and a much better angle in 2 (y)
Its just a shame about the grass "blur" Particularly across the muzzle.
All just my opinion of course ;)

Both very nice sharp images nonetheless (y)

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

The difficult thing with quite restricted access ports for the photography is that the angles you get are or can be awkward. In regard for the #1 the OOF background was the enclosure fenceline hence the what I thought was a suitable crop to visually remove enough of it. Whether an even tighter crop would work I will have to have look at but the posture, angle, out frame gazing just seemed right to me this time around and also made sure to show most of the animal ;)

As for #2 well sadly the 'grass' was actually a shrubby tree and I was not going in to prune it :LOL: FWIW it was not really snarling but was the last frame of a burst of it yawning :naughty:

A few more that passed the cut to show you;)

#1 The snarl (there was not much snarling and spatting but this one I just caught a bit of???)
snarl_lrPP-5489.jpg

#2 Watching (I tried to get a few environmental type images ~ this one made me think of the wolf in hiding just watching the prey species)
watching_lrPP-5616.jpg

#3 Watching close up & personal (actually a very tight crop but it was very intently looking at something)
watching2_lrPP-5461.jpg

#4 On the chase (not many good opps for capturing movement ~ this is the best of very limited bunch)
web_runlrPP-5681.jpg

What do you think?

Just to add a couple more to show you
#5 This very tight crop with the eye contact through the shrubbery I thought had something???
eye_spy-5272.jpg

#6 This is the oldest female in the sanctuary enjoying splashing in the pond :) (A liberal cloning out of the leash was needed ~ adding to the natural look)
duma_splash-5374.jpg

Back