Womens Tour of Britain - Marianne Vos now with added Emma Pooley

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Paid a visit to the Womens Tour of Britain at Bedford on Thursday. Terrible for conditions for racing, torrential rain most of the day!
Here's the worlds greatest female cyclist Marianne Vos, sprinting for the third place bonus seconds and the Yellow Jersey.

IMG_9079 by NnG Photography, on Flickr

Maybe currently the best but I'd like to be able to witness a head-head with France's Jeannie Longo

Good capture BTW

Thanks both, wasn't into cycling so much when Longo was riding, but she certainly has the palamares. Pretty impressive.

Thanks both, wasn't into cycling so much when Longo was riding, but she certainly has the palamares. Pretty impressive.

Without wanting to open a can of worms, there are plenty who have their suspicions regarding whether or not Longo was "clean".

Without wanting to open a can of worms, there are plenty who have their suspicions regarding whether or not Longo was "clean".

Yeah, that's true... but only in her latter days. Her early career was certainly 'clean' and without question, impressive. How many are/were clean really? It's a pretty moot point.

So thats Marianne, I also got a picture of our very own Emma Pooley, riding the Pedal Norfolk 3 day sportive in prep for the womens tour. Here she is making short work of a short but steep climb.
IMG_8823 by NnG Photography, on Flickr

Back