Wild Wood Mouse, in my garden rockery.

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
A Wood Mouse, seen in my rockery, in the garden/back yard.

After 3 weeks of placing sunflower seeds/crushed peanuts on the rockery, the Wood Mouse have just started to show themselves again.

Nikon D7100 with nikon micro/macro 105mm VR lens used. Handheld, no flash, poor light.

All comments welcome, cheers Paul.

This photo is not cropped.

Wood Mouse, in the rockery! (uncropped). 15th-January-2015. by Testudo Man, on Flickr

This photo is also not cropped.

Wood Mouse, in the rockery! (uncropped). 15th-January-2015. by Testudo Man, on Flickr

Last edited:
It's very good how you got so close to the wood mouse

It's very good how you got so close to the wood mouse

Ive been practicing my field skills with these for several years now, once you get to know their behavioural patterns, then you can get quite close to them(typically, within 2 feet/60cms). However, the slightest movement, and they are gone...but they will return in a few minutes.

That's very good, what other animals have you done ?.

That's very good, what other animals have you done ?.

Thanks for that, well...Ive also shot some great close ups of Bank Voles in my garden recently, and several species of garden Butterflies(back in the warmer weather!!). But i guess Im best known for my close up/macro Vipera berus (wild snake/Adder images). Also wild Common Lizards too.
Feel free to checkout my Flickr account, if you have a spare few minutes;)

These are lovely. Nice and sharp around eye. The right dof.

Cheers for that, ive just edited my 1st post, i forgot to mention the 105mm VR lens i used was the micro/macro edition! which helps to get right into the eye, for a nice focus.

Lovely shots Paul...I especially like the focus, right on the eye!...Just terrific.:clap:...:nikon:

Thank you, i try to aim for the focus on the eye most of the time, whether that be Mouse/Vole, Snake/Lizard, Butterfly/Bird.

Cheers Paul.

I think this is the first time I have seen these little critters on forum, love the sharpness and dof.

I think this is the first time I have seen these little critters on forum, love the sharpness and dof.

Cheers for that, Ive posted several Wood Mouse images on this forum, over the last couple of years.

Lovely shots, and great little creatures!

Thanks, yes these are lovely little creatures.

Heres a few more of my images, cheers Paul.

Wood Mouse, garden photo (uncropped). 25th-January-2015. by Testudo Man, on Flickr

Wood Mouse, garden photo. 25th-January-2015. by Testudo Man, on Flickr

Wood Mouse, garden photo. 25th-January-2015. by Testudo Man, on Flickr

Back