Woodies

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Captured a couple of Woodies today and I am fairly happy with them :)

Totally set-up shots using some bait to get them down but the real secret was someone else who really knew what they were doing with bringing birds down to the right spot (y)

Woody2.jpg

Woody1.jpg

Very nice (y)
#1 especially

awesome shot's,the male is the better of the 2 i think

the male is the one with the red on the back of his head :)

Cracking shots! (y)

Never mind the set up - get 'em however you can. ;)

excellent shot's :clap: As for it being a set up shot do not worry about it ,only way you can get close to them ,less your very lucky (y)

Thanks guys for the positive comments :nuts: I'm very pleased with these to be honest as a couple of weeks ago I would not of been able to capture such shots.

Makes it all worthwhile when you get that satisfied feeling from a shoot (y)

Very nice photos. If you don't mind how did you get the birds to land in the right spot?

Ah, now that's the hard part :D

First off the logs are placed so as to get nice close shots from the hide. They have holes in filled with lard and peanuts to get the birds to stay in place. This is the easy bit! The rest is down to months of feeding to get the birds to know that this is a place to find food.

I can really recomend the David Plummer courses for this experiance, very valuable for this type of photography. We had birds on the logs in minutes right in front of our lenses :D

Andy

Excellent shots. Even more so considering they wernt taken with a 5000mm lens. 200mm it says in the EXIF. Top Notch!

Cracking shots there :clap::clap:

Back