Woods shoot for girlfriends portfolio

Edit My Images
No
Hiya guys did a shoot sunday for my girlfriends portfolio. It was a hard shoot as i was balancing on the edge of a river bank and in the river most the time lol.

I used one flash for all of these for the first two i used bare bulb and shot at either 1/8 or 1/16 i cant rem.

For the last one i used a reflective umbrela and shot at 1/4 power on my 430ez

Very fun shoot! These are the first three images to be edited more to come!

If some one can give me any tips for saving for web without losing the colour id love to hear it.

3329134386_b82cfa4522_o.jpg

3328288551_77f9425be3.jpg

full size image here

3328265953_764e8ee1a2.jpg

Full size here much better

Let me know what u think guys please

Some more

3329279824_1650bf1ee2_o.jpg

3328395399_6945c66c93_o.jpg

Last edited:
Really nice shots! I'm not too sure about the pose in number 2 though, her neck looks a little strained. The third may be the tiniest bit overexposed for my taste, but it depends on the look you're going for. The first is spot on though in my opinion! (y)

Chris

If you go down to the woods today..... :p

A nice set, looking forward to seeing some more :)

I like the lighting in these. The only negative is with number 2, I think you've cropped it a bit too high. Can't wait to see some more.

re saving for web. I've just noticed on PS3 (only this week) the save for web option. it seems to work for me.

How did you shoot into the umbrella, turn the flash to face inside, how did you attach. It seems to work very well. The first thing I noticed was the lighting?

Last edited:
How did you shoot into the umbrella, turn the flash to face inside, how did you attach. It seems to work very well. The first thing I noticed was the lighting?

I turned it to face the umbrella and it was attached using a cheap ebay umbrella mount on a light stand.

Iv just quickly edited another version of it im not 100% on the light in this one.

3328395399_6945c66c93_o.jpg

Last edited:
dunno what you're doing regarding colour but if you're shooting adobe rgb and not converting to srgb before going to web then your gamut will bork and things will look dull.

i'd explain in more depth but there are a large amount of documents on le web to do it for me :D

Oooh the first is the winner, it looks absolutely magical!
I love the location and she is a pretty lady :) She reminds me a little of Tara Reid in a few, when she was in American pie:
mb17b21x.jpg

:)

I love no 1, very atmospheric. as said before no 2 just looks strange, and looks out of place in terms of quality with the rest imho.

Converting the pictures to srgb colour space in ps will sort out the colour issues, a rule i was taught at college was adobe rgb for editing and printing and srgb for web viewing.

lol thanks for the comments i can see what you mean by 2nd shot and looking out of place. I have a few more like the first which il post some other time. Keep the comments coming let me know what you like and dont like pls

3&4 reminded me of Alicia Silverstone.

But the winner for me is no.5 for the pose and the lighting I find is flattering and uniform. The editted version has better colour saturation in my eyes. I dot find the detail of the moss slightly distracting but the pose and lighting make up for it.

Great set.

Back