World Custard Pie Championships

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
It was a busy weekend. I'm doing a series of pics of world champions in strange peculiarly British "sports". After undoubted success at the World Marbles Championships earlier in the year, it was the turn of the World Custard Pie Championships near Maidstone on Saturday. Arrived a bit late and the semi-finals were already taking place.

#1 I forsee a major hair washing session
s

#2 It's custard, but not as we know it. A more gloopy and sticky substance I've never seen.
s

#3 Action packed
s

#4 Our hairy friend in action....
s

#5 The winning team and new world champions, the "High Pressure Cleaning Company", who could well take advantage of their own business assets after the event.
s

#6 Karl Hickmott, captain of the winning team.
s

Overall, quite a hoot. Bit annoyed I didn't get there earlier to shoot the 4 Germans dressed as blonde frauleins. Camera gear was largely unscathed though some blobs of splatter did hit here & there.

Full set here.

Cheers!

Tobers

Great shots at what looks like a fun event.

Great shots... can I ask ... How do you win a custard pie fight??

Success! Just found out I had a custard shot in the Daily Star. Not a paper I usually read, but £105 is very nice thanks.

Oh, for the previous poster, the scoring is done on points for hits, with more points for a direct hit on the face versus a glancing blow, and less the lower you go on the body. 8 scorers are present, one for each participant. Also a bonus 10 points is available for the most innovative throwing style.

Some nice images spoiled by worthless oversized watermarks. Will people never learn?

Last edited:
Hardly spoil ones viewing of the images and maybe, just maybe its there for a reason.now go stick a pie in yer mush.

Hardly spoil ones viewing of the images and maybe, just maybe its there for a reason.now go stick a pie in yer mush.

Anyone with an ounce of photoshop skills would remove these watermarks in 2 seconds flat. And why would anyone want to steel one of these super low res images. The OP wants to show his photogaphic work off in its best light here, and for me, the watermark looks rediculous.

Some nice images spoiled by worthless oversized watermarks. Will people never learn?

Anyone with an ounce of photoshop skills would remove these watermarks in 2 seconds flat. And why would anyone want to steel one of these super low res images. The OP wants to show his photogaphic work off in its best light here, and for me, the watermark looks rediculous.

Fair enough if you feel that that watermarks spoil your enjoyment of the images but I suggest a more polite way of saying it might be advisable.

:)

Back