worrys about fake sony!!

Edit My Images
Yes
Ok so i bought an rx100 mk11 off ebay about 4 months ago, the whole time i have been using it i've been disappointed i cant put my finger on it but the pictures have been lacking something.
Last week we were on holiday and my wife who has a sony compact took some shots and they looked far superior to the ones i was taking on mine. I've just been sat in the garden taking some close up shots of various things in th av setting and it seemed to be hunting for focus just would not lock on..
My first question is. Is there a way of checking the camera is real or not and if so how do i go about it??

It's highly unlikely to be a fake.
There could be something wrong with it though.

Ok so i bought an rx100 mk11 off ebay about 4 months ago, the whole time i have been using it i've been disappointed i cant put my finger on it but the pictures have been lacking something.

Can you upload a full size image?

Very, very unlikely to be a fake, the effort required to make it would cost fraudsters too much to bother with.

Thanks for replies it could well be that she is a better photographer than me;) but she only uses the fixed settings, I feel i know enough to be able to take a close up picture outside of a beer bottle. Will take a photo tomorrow to upload as the 1's i took this evening i deleted in a rage...

There are reports that AF is not as fast as many would like, particularly on the Mk 1 & 2 versions.

It does sound as if the camera you bought could have some sort of fault rather than be a fake.
Easy test though, take a couple of pics of the same subject using the same settings on both cameras.

You don't really see fake cameras. The cost of developing one would make it too expensive for counterfeiters.

It's almost certainly user error.

Back