Name
Christine
Edit My Images
Yes
xtrailtigers.jpg

combination of 3 pictures
C&C welcomed

Last edited:
lol, thats pretty good, even the size of the tigers to the car is quite proportional.

Pity you couldnt PP someone sat in the front of the car, face and hands against the windows with an extremly worried look on their face ;)

I'm sure you had a reason to do this.......

However, I'm sorry to say that I can't imagine what that reason was and the result looks (to me) like a primary school collage.

Perhaps there are others more in tune with the idea who will offer a more pleasant critique.

lol, thats pretty good, even the size of the tigers to the car is quite proportional.

Pity you couldnt PP someone sat in the front of the car, face and hands against the windows with an extremly worried look on their face ;)

I didn't think of that ! Wanders off wondering to herself if she has a suitable picture ....................

I'm sure you had a reason to do this.......

However, I'm sorry to say that I can't imagine what that reason was and the result looks (to me) like a primary school collage.

Perhaps there are others more in tune with the idea who will offer a more pleasant critique.

Would like to see a primary school child who would take as much care getting everything in proportion, shadows etc. I did it to see if I could and if you don't try different things life can get so humdrum. :shrug:

ESSO: Said Put A Tiger In Your Tank, not on top :LOL:

:LOL: - well the front one might try and climb in if I took the bonnet off

I quite like the idea but do feel the car and tigers do not look in proportion, the tigers look far too big in caparison to the motor, they also look like they have just been pasted into place, the lines around them are to sharp and just don't blend in. also to much noise on the car.
Honestly and overall it’s not that good, but would suggest practise makes perfect, keep at it.
Just my opinion..

I have to agree with those above who don't like it, and agree that it doesn't work on any level.
The reasons...

1 - it looks fake
2 - to me, the tigers look way out of proportion to the car
3 - grass and clouds don't look real
4 - the trees or bushes don't look real either

Having said that, kudos for having a go.
It's better much better than anything that I could do.

Another cool and clever shop Christine, I like it (y)

Thanks Jake

I quite like the idea but do feel the car and tigers do not look in proportion, the tigers look far too big in caparison to the motor, they also look like they have just been pasted into place, the lines around them are to sharp and just don't blend in. also to much noise on the car.
Honestly and overall it’s not that good, but would suggest practise makes perfect, keep at it.
Just my opinion..

Thank you, useful critique, I have been trying to work out how big they should be, they were very big in real life - one of them was 9 ft when standing on his rear legs and upright

I have to agree with those above who don't like it, and agree that it doesn't work on any level.
The reasons...

1 - it looks fake
2 - to me, the tigers look way out of proportion to the car
3 - grass and clouds don't look real
4 - the trees or bushes don't look real either

Having said that, kudos for having a go.
It's better much better than anything that I could do.

Thanks, again another useful critique. I am currently reworking the size of the cats and will post another version, with originals, when I have finished so people can see what was, and was not, real. This time I probably won't do the "sketch type" brushwork

In terms of what you were trying to achieve, I think this one is streets ahead of the first. I still think it looks fake (and hence it's not my personal 'cup of tea'), but it's no longer at the primary school level!;)

A quick view and already can see that this far more constructed, still a small amount of floors, but better than the first attempt.(y)

second image is a lot better , but the tiger on top still isnt working for me - i think its because the way he's sat isnt compatible with being on top of a car - he looks far too at ease and his bottom is artificially high off the roof

Second one looks grrrrrreat!! ;)
Really like it.

There's still something wrong with the colour of the tigers tho that is making them stand out and look "fake". Unfortunately, I'm a newbie when it comes to photoshop so i can't help with how to fix it :(
(on second look, perhaps isolate the tigers and reduce their contrast?)(could be talking rubbish tho lol)

Only piece of advice I would give is, try and push the rear suspension of the car/jeep down a few inches (relative) so it helps show the weight of the tiger on top of the roof and it (imho) will make (that part) look A LOT more realistic. If it was me, i would bring the top of the rear tyre right up to the level of the rear arch lip so there is no gap between them at all.

In terms of what you were trying to achieve, I think this one is streets ahead of the first. I still think it looks fake (and hence it's not my personal 'cup of tea'), but it's no longer at the primary school level!;)

The first one had a totally different style of final editing - a type of painted finish

A quick view and already can see that this far more constructed, still a small amount of floors, but better than the first attempt.(y)

Thanks, not sure what you mean about floors (flaws?)

second image is a lot better , but the tiger on top still isnt working for me - i think its because the way he's sat isnt compatible with being on top of a car - he looks far too at ease and his bottom is artificially high off the roof

Think I might have to dump the top one, I was watching my kitten's rear end when I reshaped it as she was in a similar position and based it on her. You mean the top of my car is not comfortable ? :D

Second one looks grrrrrreat!! ;)
Really like it.

There's still something wrong with the colour of the tigers tho that is making them stand out and look "fake". Unfortunately, I'm a newbie when it comes to photoshop so i can't help with how to fix it :(
(on second look, perhaps isolate the tigers and reduce their contrast?)(could be talking rubbish tho lol)

Only piece of advice I would give is, try and push the rear suspension of the car/jeep down a few inches (relative) so it helps show the weight of the tiger on top of the roof and it (imho) will make (that part) look A LOT more realistic. If it was me, i would bring the top of the rear tyre right up to the level of the rear arch lip so there is no gap between them at all.

I tried changing the colour of the car and the sky but neither really worked.

I had not even thought about the weigh of the cat - will remember that for future edits, thanks!

wow, looks 100% better (even though i thought the first pic was fun). good practice with PP though. Surprising how many hours can be whittled away playing with sliders and values lol

Back