Wrens

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Amy and I had a wander along the riverside walk at Ely today and came across one small area of trees in amongst all the others that had a group of Wrens flitting about, not sure if it was several with little territories or what, but we ended up spending ages watching them and snapping as many shots as we could.

CC, thoughts etc very welcome indeed.

All taken at 1/200 F/5.6 ISO400 on D7100 with Nikon 55-200 VR lens.

Wren
by Ian-Highlander, on Flickr

Wren

Wren

Wren

Wren

Love the 1st with the wren singing - I assume #2 was an erroneous re-posting of #1 :)

Love the 1st with the wren singing - I assume #2 was an erroneous re-posting of #1 :)

One and two are different shots Gramps. Check the gape on the gob. Specsavers for you my lad.

No 1 for me albeit they are all a wee bit too small in the frame. I'd ditch No 3 as its oof compared with the rest.

Last edited:
blown "lights"

twiggy

camera settings?

astronauts

apart from seeing more gape - the gap is wider on 1 versus 2

Last edited:
No time to play 'spot the difference' :D

Thanks for the comments so far. Yes one and two are similar that's for sure, but definitely different shots ;)

@BRASH Yes, number three is out of focus slightly, I knew that when I posted it, quite right, I think I just liked the position of the Wren in it but you're right of course it would never win any competitions.

@BillN_33
Blown lights, yes there are a few, there was bright sun shining through the back of the bushes/trees, no way was I getting the right exposure on the birds in the middle of the trees without getting a few blown highlights with my knowledge of photography, but would be very happy to learn if you know a way.

Twiggy? Yes, they were in trees and bushes in the middle of a wooded area, that does mean twigs and branches, not a lot I can do about those unfortunately :D

Camera settings are all in the 1st post.

Astronauts??? Am I missing something?

Last edited:
astronauts = just a word I have chosen to indicate that there is a space question to consider - my sense of humour
Space cadets or space cowboys - but composition and space around the image is important if you want to get a pleasing result, I have learn this in the past two months

Camera setting = maybe 1/200 sec is just too low - IMHO you are asking for problems with sharpness, even if you are using a tripod - if not 1/200 sec is far too low - unless your hand is as steady as whatever, but even so wrens "twitch"

Twiggy - she is still sexy - but too many twigs are not good - think about the background before you take the shot as it is almost as important as the subject - I always do now

I have a strange sense of humour, so please forgive me if I offend

Please accept my comments in the spirit that I give them - IMHO and trying to create debate so that we can all learn

Last edited:
Back