Yaaay new stuff!

Edit My Images
No
Finally got the money to get:

newtoysbg5.jpg

A canon 430ex flash

( had to pay 25 euro extra for a freakin omni bounce, darn piece of plastic )

50 mm f1.8
and my sensor was dusty so i had to buy myself a blower

im happy now tho :D but need to freakin find out how the flash works, complicated as hell

o well

Congratulations, always good to get new kit :) - the 50mm is a brilliant lens and the flash will give you much more control of your exposures (could seriously do with an external flash myself).

(y)

cheers :) ive also got a 350d + grip like yourself and a kit lens, just need to get myself a new bag now to fit everything in it :)

A BIG favour please!!?

Can you take a photo of your 350d (without the grip) and the 430ex please :)
I wanna see what it looks like... I'm about to go ahead and get the 430ex very soon.

Cheers!

got to be a great feeling that, getting new kit, i am hoping to be opening some of my very own 'new kit' boxes in the very near future. I must admit though, i cant see myself ever buying a flash though, dont really use one enough..

I'm dead jealous! Congrats on the purchase (y)

Nice kit, you wont be disappointed with the '50' :)

Just got the 580 ex, as you say lots to learn. I'm just dreaming up some shots that might work using the stroboscopic mode :thinking:

You'll be happy with the 430ex, I have it and the stoffen omni bounce.
It's a great unit, the only gripe I have with it is that you need to press the buttons in a fair way before they work.
Still, I suppose it stops you messing the settings up if you knock it.

It can underexpose a little with the omni bounce, but on the whole, you can leave it alone and let the camera take care of the settings.

Nice one.
My large Rocket Air blower arrived a couple of days ago too.

Will need to invest in a flash and BG-E3 grip later.
Not sure if the 430EX is good enough for motorsport use though.

A BIG favour please!!?

Can you take a photo of your 350d (without the grip) and the 430ex please :)
I wanna see what it looks like... I'm about to go ahead and get the 430ex very soon.

Cheers!

here you go, was to lazy to take the grip off, you can see where it ends :p haha

eos 350d + grip + 50mm + 430 ex

front:

cam1qj6.jpg

side:

cam2ao5.jpg

back:

cam3wh9.jpg

and for the horny ppl, meh + cam :D :woot:

ericcamjj3.jpg

yay :baby:

Dont use the blower to clean your sensor, it will just redistribute it all over the place and probably make it worse, believe me I tried it.

Dont use the blower to clean your sensor, it will just redistribute it all over the place and probably make it worse, believe me I tried it.

lol you must have done something wrong then, cause alot of ppl use this, and so did i , and my sensor is clean again, be sure your facing downwards with the cam when doing it :)

Good advice there from Gary! Apart from just redistributing the dust with a blower, you're quite likely to get it all over your focusing screen where it's extremely annoying and difficult to get rid of.

lol you must have done something wrong then, cause alot of ppl use this, and so did i , and my sensor is clean again, be sure your facing downwards with the cam when doing it :)

You are very lucky then because IMO all these rocket blowers do is re-distribute the dust elsewhere in the camera body..;)

Congrats on the new equipment though..(y)

First time of I've heard of this problem. I've used mine a couple of times without any problems.
How do you normally remove dust without the blower then?

Back