Yaay, I just won £100 with a macro image

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Had a nice email this morning, makes a change from offers of bigger boobs or pain killers.

The local paper sent me an email to say I had won their July photo-of-the-month with my vicious ladybird image

14697766664_2e5f5a9f74_b.jpg

Thats £100 towards my little one's Christmas presents. :)

The July competition was about something of the "summer", I hadnt taken any nice landscapes but I thought the Ladybird might be an interesting image to send to them about it. Didnt think anything of it but what a nice surprise :)

Worth posting up some of your images to your local papers if you have an interesting macro and theres a lot of people in this section who could do the same if their local paper offer little competitions like this, so do it - you never know !

Congratulations Carl, just reward for all of your efforts with macro :)

Well done Carl... going to have to start reading the cr@ppy local papers now lol

Still not won anything with my shots. :(

Well done Carl. Always nice to get those sort of emails.

Well done Carl... going to have to start reading the cr@ppy local papers now lol

Still not won anything with my shots. :(
I didnt enter for the compo, i just hoped i'd get one of the shots on the website, you'd have no problem bryn, produce excellent macros, just go and enter, see whats on there. bet you could!

thanks everyone :) was a good bit of news <for a change> :) The local paper just run a monthly photo-entry (with a chance to win) so is worth trying to get your pic for a bit of ego boost on their website and newspaper so I'd recommend to anyone just do it.

thanks everyone :) was a good bit of news <for a change> :) The local paper just run a monthly photo-entry (with a chance to win) so is worth trying to get your pic for a bit of ego boost on their website and newspaper so I'd recommend to anyone just do it.

Definitely worth it... as this is not your best lit shot ever, if memory serves me right was with the start of experimenting with lighting. Reckon if you got this shot with your current lighting it would smash this image :)

Definitely worth it... as this is not your best lit shot ever, if memory serves me right was with the start of experimenting with lighting. Reckon if you got this shot with your current lighting it would smash this image :)
cheers bryn, if you had entered, i wouldn't have won! (phew glad you didnt hahaha) ;)

Yay congrats Carl! Really pleased for you and it is a worthy winner (although Bryn's right, you are shooting better stuff nowadays).

I don't need to worry about winning any more prizes as I got an email from the son of the late Head of State in Nigeria this morning. Apparently he had a large sum of money stock piled but now due to the political climate, his son can't access it. He just needs to use my bank account details to transfer it out of the country, and he's going to give me a large percentage so that's me pretty much sorted :)

Cracking shot Carl, well done.(y)

I don't need to worry about winning any more prizes as I got an email from the son of the late Head of State in Nigeria this morning. Apparently he had a large sum of money stock piled but now due to the political climate, his son can't access it. He just needs to use my bank account details to transfer it out of the country, and he's going to give me a large percentage so that's me pretty much sorted :)

LMFAO....

Yay congrats Carl! Really pleased for you and it is a worthy winner (although Bryn's right, you are shooting better stuff nowadays).

Lmao

Well jel and congrats from me here. (y)

Back