Yeovilton Airshow 2006

• Thread starter reddeathdrinker
  • Start date
R

reddeathdrinker

Few months ago, but still got some stunning pics, only had my DSLR for a week prior, so I was still very much at the bottom of my learning curve. D50 and Tamron 70-300mm. These were the best 4 of the day....

The Red Arrows (an airshow cliche, but what a cliche!)
43363-r.jpg

I think it was the sky behind them helped.....
55835-r.jpg

Blue Angels? Thunderbirds? Patrouille de France? Frecce Tricolori? BAH!
55834-r.jpg

Dancing Lynx display
80740-r.jpg

I would be chuffed if I was doing stuff like that at week 1...or 2...3....:clap:

All excellent shots.

You might say that you only had the DSLR for a week, but how long before that have you been SLRing/shooting?
Shots like that take time and experience to master (unless you are a prodegy (?sp?))

No matter eitherway. Keep it up

(y) super shots them no 2 is my fav :clap: closely followed by all the others :clap: well done :clap:

Brilliant... 1 or 2 weeks with dSLR - 15 years with an SLR?

Excellent nonetheless! :)

How GOOD are these!!!! I really like the first one, the balance and the smoke works well for me although they are all terrific shots! You must be very pleased with them.

Paul

lol - no time with an SLR previously. All point-and-shoot before that, I'm afraid!

Thanks for the comments :)

For such a short time with a d(SLR), very good indeed (y)

A couple of points for the future though. Pic #2 you were panning on the jet going right to left, hence the left hand jet is blurred. I know cos I've done that my self, hope to get a chance to resolve that problem next year. Picture of the Lynx heli's, you could do with using a slightly slower exposure. That way you will get more motion blur into the rotors and they look more 'real'. But as has been said, your doing well, keep it up :clap: (y)

Well done! Shots 1 and 2 for me... I love the contrast you got! (y)

Very very nice! The Black cats are a devil for exposure - never really got a shot I've been happy with of 'em yet......the Arrows are a particular favourite subject for me - I'll happily go a distance to see them and had those shots been mine I would have been very satisfied with my days work!

Nice one, and thanks for sharing!

Back