yet another LP attempt

Could use a run through the car wash also ;)

Try setting it up in the same way a car magazine would shoot a car. Door closed, for a start, and a more dynamic angle. Use a narrow aperture for improved DoF, watch for dead space around the frame and as Matt says keep an eye out for hotspots. That said, the rest of the exposure on and around the car looks about right.

how did i know it would be you with the first reply........

Your a star Matt......... i will get it right............

:LOL: I'm just catching up on the creative section posts since I was last online (y)

Matt

AndWhyNot said:
Could use a run through the car wash also ;)

Try setting it up in the same way a car magazine would shoot a car. Door closed, for a start, and a more dynamic angle. Use a narrow aperture for improved DoF, watch for dead space around the frame and as Matt says keep an eye out for hotspots. That said, the rest of the exposure on and around the car looks about right.

Cheers Andy,

Was checking your blogs - very nice site for info

Last edited:
I like this, wish I had some toy cars to practice on :(, oh well back to the poker chips I go lol.

Matt

2nd attempt is much better.
The first one is out of focus but you already know that. Possibly a little bit of camera shake too?

With models you want a really narrow aperture. For 1:43 scale i use f22 on 50mm prime.
Composition wise try to get a bit lower and get more light on the side of the car that is facing the camera.

Micky_st said:
2nd attempt is much better.
The first one is out of focus but you already know that. Possibly a little bit of camera shake too?

With models you want a really narrow aperture. For 1:43 scale i use f22 on 50mm prime.
Composition wise try to get a bit lower and get more light on the side of the car that is facing the camera.

Cheers for that, I will also take on board your advice as I think that's we're I am going wrong - aperture

Back