Yet another Silverstone Classic post

• Thread starter Deleted member 57962
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 57962

First time at the Classic and at Silverstone after many years. It was true what I read on this forum, that it's difficult to get close to the action on the track and around the circuit. I was amazed that the new complex didn't have a tunnel or a bridge... they must have run out of money.
Anyways, the weather was fantastic ( too warm on the Saturday) and the racing was hot in most of the classes with a very eclectic mix of machinery.

435_DSC_2876.jpg by Fran Hollywood Autosportpics.com, on Flickr

458_DSC_2905.jpg by Fran Hollywood Autosportpics.com, on Flickr

#3 Give us a kiss
Pucker up by Fran Hollywood Autosportpics.com, on Flickr

2179_DSC_4579.jpg by Fran Hollywood Autosportpics.com, on Flickr

2223_DSC_4632.jpg by Fran Hollywood Autosportpics.com, on Flickr

1317_DSC_3906.jpg by Fran Hollywood Autosportpics.com, on Flickr

Really nic set Fran, classic cars looking wonderful. A great pan on the Lotus in #6, 1 & 2 are spot on, I would have maybe tried a tighter crop on the Lancia in #4, but that is just my preference.

#1 is really eye catching.

#2 just feels a little unbalanced by the partial car on the right

#3 is ok, although you've had to make an arbitrary crop to achieve that, which is always cheating in my mind.

#4 and #6, well executed pans and the colours of the cars work nicely with the backgrounds

#5 That's a nice composition actually, whilst some might think its a little dull, I like the lines and the angle of the car. If you intentionally went for this, awesome play! If it was just luck, you've got really lucky :D

BTW Have Autosport (magazine) never taken issue with your brand name? If they haven't then it probably only because they haven't seen it.... just a word from the wise...

Back