Yongnuo trigger RF-600TX stopped working, help please!

Name
Shem
Edit My Images
No
I had a shoot 2 days ago. I tried to add some hair light with a flash. It did work for couple of shots but very randomly and then it stopped completely. I thought maybe battery died so swapped them in trigger, receiver and flash. Still not working, so I plugged another flash and still nothing. It was raining so I thought I will try again after I dry all my equipment but it still doesn't work. The light is illuminating when I turn it on and when I press the button it turns on red on receiver so it seems that it should work but it's not. I never had problem with those triggers/receivers.
I found on another forum this answer to someones question about similar problem
"Go to advanced
left hand sound and mode together
up down find 602 or 603 and change to 602
ok
just had this !"
Don't know what that means though so please help me as I will need my flashes tomorrow evening...

Cheers

Sorry, not spotted this question before. Would maybe have been better in the Lighting section.

Anyway, those instructions don't apply to the RF-600TX trigger, better known under the original RF-602 number and with a very good reliability rep. If the light on the receiver is working, then either there's a fault and it's not producing a fire signal, or the flash is faulty, or most likely there's a poor contact between the gun and trigger.

Clean all contacts carefully with a rubber, and make sure the flash is seated correctly and locked down.

Thanks mate.... They started to work on its own after few days but I don't want to risk of them not working during the shoot again and ordered yn-622c tx plus 2x yn-622c. The sync speed in the old ones wasn't too great as well (1/160 only) and I could use high sync speed in some situations. Can't wait to test new triggers, I red some good reviews about them.

Thanks mate.... They started to work on its own after few days but I don't want to risk of them not working during the shoot again and ordered yn-622c tx plus 2x yn-622c. The sync speed in the old ones wasn't too great as well (1/160 only) and I could use high sync speed in some situations. Can't wait to test new triggers, I red some good reviews about them.

That's symptomatic of dirty contacts, but you can't go wrong with 622 triggers (y)

Back