York Minster ceilings

Great set. Good framing, exposure and detail. Only quibble is something strange has happened at the very top of #3. Looks like some rogue cloning.

Excellent stuff!

Love the approach to a much photographed place, especially like the symmetry in #1

Cheers,
Bill

Interesting shots.

I really like number 2 - it has the feel of a Kaleidoscope.

The symetry / angle is a tiny bit off in number 1 (more so in 3) although it's very hard to get alignment bang on.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Great set. Good framing, exposure and detail. Only quibble is something strange has happened at the very top of #3. Looks like some rogue cloning.

Not rogue cloning but poor attention to detail when working on a copied layer to correct perspective which really want easy on No3 at all as I am not sure the ceiling is straight.

I have replaced the photo.

Last edited:
Not rogue cloning but poor attention to detail when working on a copied layer to correct perspective which really want easy on No3 at all as I am not sure the ceiling is straight.

I'm one of the volunteer photographers for the minster, there are a few places like that where no matter what you do things aren't 100% straight, then you see it is the building which isn't!

Thanks for all the comments glad you like them.

I'm one of the volunteer photographers for the minster, there are a few places like that where no matter what you do things aren't 100% straight, then you see it is the building which isn't!

Yeah you told me that before and that ceiling in No3 is warped for sure. All taken with a tripod on your advice too using a flip out LCD scree and live view.

I do love the framing of No.1 but No.2 is the my fav. Love the symmetry and the lighting. Beautiful place, beautifully photographed.

I do love the framing of No.1 but No.2 is the my fav. Love the symmetry and the lighting. Beautiful place, beautifully photographed.

Thanks Stephen glad you like it.

It's nice to see photography is allowed in there, so many are not allowing anymore

It's nice to see photography is allowed in there, so many are not allowing anymore

Yeah I agree and no hassle with the tripod it was very nice on both occasion this year I shot there to be able work away carefully not worrying about ISO and shutter speeds much.

Not only does St. Paul's and Westminster cost £16 entry there's no photography.
I've been to St Patricks NYC , all in Rome and Venice , no charge, yes photos, no problem. Rip off Britain.

Not only does St. Paul's and Westminster cost £16 entry there's no photography.
I've been to St Patricks NYC , all in Rome and Venice , no charge, yes photos, no problem. Rip off Britain.

I have seen many churches and Cathedrals abroad that do not allow togging.

Really nice set Alf with no 1 & 2 being outstanding

Glad you like them nick.

brilliant shots :clap::clap::clap:
what lens did you use ? for them

Holty Glad you like them.
The lens used is a Olympus 12-60mm f2.8-4 equivelant to 24-120 mm on 35 mm.

Last edited:
Good set, enjoyed looking :)

Back