York Minster

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Went for a wander around York the other day and nipped into the Minster to take a few shots

The High Altar

p142997419-4.jpg

The Nave Roof

p334487226-4.jpg

Yorks Regiment Chapel

p268345603-4.jpg

And this is what happens when you have loose nuts on a TS-E lens and get a bit of inadvertant swing

Quire

p121725565-4.jpg

Cheers

Chris

Cracking work Chris
I know it's not easy, I tried to do a similar idea in Lincoln Cathedral a few weeks ago and failed miserably.
The verticals and balance are excellent with the TSE.
Love the natural colours too

I think number 1 works the best with the lighting streaming from the window and the dynamic range is good. Some of the windows are blown in the others (difficult I know). Did you go around the corner into the large hexagonal room with the cleric seating all around the sides. The roof was spectacular, as was the view from the top

Great shots... I spent three years of my life on my knees in York Minster (not in prayer) as part of the archaeological team. So I have very fond memories of that wonderful workspace.

Cracking work Chris
I know it's not easy, I tried to do a similar idea in Lincoln Cathedral a few weeks ago and failed miserably.
The verticals and balance are excellent with the TSE.
Love the natural colours too

I have no wish to cause an argument but the verticals are way off! But still a nice set.

Nice shots. I was in York last week, left it until the last day of our break to go have a look inside and they had a private function on all day and we couldn't get in so i was gutted :(

Back