York Minster

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Has been a long time since posting on here but thought I'd post a couple of pics up from the weekend, taken with fuji x-e1 and 18-55.

Love to hear your thoughts on the images.

16281613377_ce21475f57_z.jpg

15847416703_b0c7cb81d1_z.jpg

Well you like solid blacks and you don't blow your highlights ... I find both images compositionally awkward, though. You may argue that you were constrained by circumstances (limited space), but that's a problem to deal with - if necessary by not releasing the shutter. In the first there's an architectural clutter which is maybe mitigated by your darkening of the peripherals, but the leaning verticals remain a bit unsettling. And the people appear as an irritation - a fussy detail without due presence. An option might've been to go in harder so that the people were foregrounded and the architectural inclusion less? Yes, it would've been a different picture, but it might've worked.

The second might be an acquired aesthetic - I find the lean of the towers too absurd, and the glazed openings too much like black holes.

This is my attempt at an honest review and sorry if it seems too negative. Never give up!

Back