Yorkshire Reds

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
I spent a day in the red squirrel hide near Hawes on Sunday. The light was quite dark and overcast most of the day, it did brighten up a little later and we had constant visits from the reds throughout out time in the hide. Some of the images taken are below. I have a few more I will post once I've put them on Flickr over the weekend. Trying to get images other than perched eating shots was more difficult than I thought it would be.

Red Squirrel
by Rob'81, on Flickr

Red Squirrel
by Rob'81, on Flickr

Red Squirrel
by Rob'81, on Flickr

Last edited:
Three cracking shots there Rob the second and third with the lovely smooth bokeh in the background work very well for me.

Love the photo's.
Going to Hawes for the Red Squirrels as been on my list for a good while now but I have had difficulty finding exactly where they are, people have told me that they have given up after walking forever and still not finding the viewing platform. Did you use the hide of Simon Philpot, or was this on the so called squirrel trail. If this was on the squirrel trail could you please tell me the directions.

Love the photo's.
Going to Hawes for the Red Squirrels as been on my list for a good while now but I have had difficulty finding exactly where they are, people have told me that they have given up after walking forever and still not finding the viewing platform. Did you use the hide of Simon Philpot, or was this on the so called squirrel trail. If this was on the squirrel trail could you please tell me the directions.

It was the hide of Simon philpot. Plenty of activity, near constant visits kept 4 of us busy. First time I have paid for a hide session but to ensure we saw some it's probably worth it. We had 4 hrs travel either way.

After noticing a sign to snaizeholme we twigged about the nearby squirrel trail. It does look like a long walk, roughly 6 miles one way. We prioritised red grouse on grinton moor for the rest of the time, unfortunately they did work out as the light was awful.

Cracking set there...

Lovely. On my must do list for next year

Back