Wild Young Mink

den

Name
Dennis
Edit My Images
No
Although some may hate them ,its not their fault they are here and they only do what comes natural to them, and yes I have seen first hand what they can do to Kingfishers in breeding season with devastating affect , I got this shot of a young Mink on a local reservoir after watching the mother looking for food,i eventually took the grid reference of the Den and made my own decision whether to report it for live trapping.Mink by den9112, on Flickr

Excellent shot - but I do feel you should report it - if our own wildlife is to survive these very clever predators need humanely removing - ok in their natural habitat but not in the Uk
IMHO
James

Nice shot, the OOF background on the top right side looks abit funny which looks like lines running though the rocks not sure if you may have cloned something out or... Apart from that a nice shot of a animal I detest ;)

Nice shot, the OOF background on the top right side looks abit funny which looks like lines running though the rocks not sure if you may have cloned something out or... Apart from that a nice shot of a animal I detest ;)
No cloning done whatsoever ,probably a bit of stray grass, but definitely no cloning done

Thats a lovely shot Den.

I honestly dont know what I would do if i came across one.

I hope you did report it Dennis. These creatures are decimating our river and pond wildlife if left unchecked.

nice nose

but it is an invasive and non-native species and it is a fight in all such cases to stop them from causing harm and they need sorting

Cracking shot, but sadly I agree with the others it needs trapping, they are an invasive species that have proven to be devastating to our UK wildlife. I love all wildlife but there needs to be a balance for wildlife to survive, the mink is too great a predator here.

Back