Young Whitethroat

Name
Donna
Edit My Images
Yes
Another "accidental" for my garden but very welcome.

TP_DSC7063.jpg

TP_DSC7073.jpg

TP_DSC7074.jpg

Crit welcome especially on the crop.

1st looks a touch too central, 2nd and 3rd work really well in that square framing ... bird looks a bit pale colour wise in all three, maybe warm up the colour temperature a touch.

All three are lovely and crisp.

Lots of youngsters about down our way Donna, been a good year for them.

1st looks a touch too central, 2nd and 3rd work really well in that square framing ... bird looks a bit pale colour wise in all three, maybe warm up the colour temperature a touch.

All three are lovely and crisp.

Lots of youngsters about down our way Donna, been a good year for them.

Thanks for that Martyn, I was worried about too much empty space on one hand and too tight a crop on the other as I want to get away from "bird portraiture" and show a bit more environment. The bird was very pale and I wondered for a moment if it was a Lesser Whitethroat but the legs are too pale for that.

Thanks for that Martyn, I was worried about too much empty space on one hand and too tight a crop on the other as I want to get away from "bird portraiture" and show a bit more environment. The bird was very pale and I wondered for a moment if it was a Lesser Whitethroat but the legs are too pale for that.

Sometimes the angle they are perched at does not help matters when it comes to framing the shot.

Too much detail on the wing for a Lesser, plus the white eye ring is more of a Common Whitethroat thing.

I agree with Martyn's comments. Everything can be sorted in PS :)

Well done on capturing it, a lovely little bird (y)

Three nice captures Donna, it seems like you got some sound advice already so I shall refrain :LOL: ;)

Nice series Donna with #3 being my favourite. The bird does look very pale but I think the levels are about right. Nice bird to have in the garden.

nice set of photos donna, enjoyed viewing
all the best
mick

Good detailed set Donna, like the composition and crop of no 3.

Thanks again for the comments folks.

I just wish I had your garden Donna,

?? My garden is a postage stamp but I am fortunate enough to live in a rural village location. I actively feed the birds and I dug a small pond earlier this year which has proved to be a real magnet. Truly my garden is in no way special. This Whitethroat stayed for all of 20 seconds and I havn't seen it since so I was just lucky to have the camera ready at the time.

Bird photography is an awful lot of waiting and watching interspersed, if you are lucky, with a brief period of manic activity.

I wished a had a Whitethroat visiting my garden :( 3 spanking shots Donna.

Back