Young Woodpecker

sawman

Private James Frazer
Edit My Images
No
Two of these finally showed themselves last week & yesterday I had a chance to capture some shots. This one was on an old tree root on the ground.
Young_Woody.jpg

Superb as usual! (y)

Great eye contact.

You can tell thats a young'un, cant you. Great! (y)

You can tell thats a young'un, cant you. Great! (y)

Young have that red patch on the front of the forehead, adult males have a red patch on the rear of their neck.

But you knew that didn't you! :cautious:

Good capture, excellent eye contact

Young have that red patch on the front of the forehead, adult males have a red patch on the rear of their neck.

But you knew that didn't you! :cautious:

Er yeah! That's just what I meant!! ;)

In fact, I could tell it was a young'un as it was kinda cute!! :love:

Thanks. Anybody ever tamed one of these do you think.:thinking:

Got them as i can get full frame shot at 250mm over the last 18 months but could be a few more years before they will eat out of my hand :LOL::LOL:

that is a stunning pic, sir! (y)

IF i had taken the camera with me tonight I think I could have improved on it.:shrug:

it would have to be very good to do that
the feather detail is just amazing
how close did you get?

How close? About 15ft or so. I am going through a "All my pics are crap phase just now"Just seem to have lost it a bit.

Nice shot Charlie. Like the birds pose and you've captured some lovely feather detail (y)

How close? About 15ft or so. I am going through a "All my pics are crap phase just now"Just seem to have lost it a bit.

crikey
what chance do us mortals stand then!
chin up lad, your "crap" = most people's aspirations!

crikey
what chance do us mortals stand then!
chin up lad, your "crap" = most people's aspirations!

Thanks for that. But to me the background could have been better in that one.

Great eye contact and great image. My only nit-pic is that bit of green bottom left, I just find it a little distracting.

Thanks
Steve

Seems I have a few spankings to dish out! If you think for even a second that this is crap, you are seriously mistaken! It's fabulous :D You had 6 there this evening? :eek:

Back