Youth Basketball League

Name
Kim
Edit My Images
Yes
Here is a shot from a competitive youth basketball league match last saturday. Tell me what you think. Ill post some more up later, but im in a hurry.

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/9620/tyex.jpg

Staff Edit : Images changed to clickable links. Pictures must not exceed current forum limits as per the rules.
Please feel free to replace this with a fresh/resized image and remove this text :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Its out of focus and missing half of the opposition player :( i haven't shot basketball but i would think you need to be getting full body shots of both players

I don't think it's so much out of focus as noisy. The D50 is quite long in the tooth and I suspect the noise performance isn't so great at 1600 ISO.

Ditto what Andy says but on a positive note - you have used manual mode and seem to have got the exposure values about right - ISO/Aperture/Shutter speed all seem to match the light available. Problem is, you can generally do something in post processing when exposure values go astray - but you cannot fix blurry pictures!

Alan

Ditto what Andy says but on a positive note - you have used manual mode and seem to have got the exposure values about right - ISO/Aperture/Shutter speed all seem to match the light available. Problem is, you can generally do something in post processing when exposure values go astray - but you cannot fix blurry pictures!

Alan

I agree with Alan here, its nicely exposed, you just need to up the shutter speed :)

Ok, thanks for the help

Back