Ythan Ice

BRASH

fracster's right hand
Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
Some ice on the Ythan estuare outside Newburgh, Aberdeenshire. Feel free to crit;) Ta!!

YthanIce-4e.jpg

YthanIce-1e.jpg

YthanIce-2e.jpg

YthanIce-3e.jpg

Have to say these are some very nice and unusual scenes. I have to say also though that I really don't like the processing applied to these. it has made the scenes look muted, dull and lacking sharpness. Not that it matters at all what I like :)

Very little PP done. Slight tweek to sats and a sharpen. That's about it:thinking:

The last one is least affected. looking at the angle of the shadows I'm guessing it is a very strong polariser effect. The way a polariser changes the rest of the scene and not just the sky is the reason i don't use it very often now.

This is where you tell me there was no polariser used :LOL:

The last one is least affected. looking at the angle of the shadows I'm guessing it is a very strong polariser effect. The way a polariser changes the rest of the scene and not just the sky is the reason i don't use it very often now.

This is where you tell me there was no polariser used :LOL:

Correct, no polariser. 1 x NG grad, thats all.:shrug:

Well at least there was some kind of filter involved :)

Don't suppose you have one without the filter?

Well at least there was some kind of filter involved :)

Don't suppose you have one without the filter?

Nah, the sun was too bright, I struggled as it was trying to get the stone and foreground to show without totally blowing the sky.

Back